Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This is going to be a process...

Did I mention I'm still not totally unpacked?
One month in and there's still a "junk room".
Shameful, but true. Life gets in the way sometimes.

I guess I've been a little too stressed for my own good. The expense of moving (paying a new deposit, renting a truck, etc) totally and utterly drained the bank account and I am still reeling from it. Not to mention the stolen car expenses that syphoned off what I had to begin with. It's all I can do to keep treading water sometimes. Regardless, budget issues aside... So I can't go crazy buying new things to spruce up the place... you know, like I want to... What can I even do then? Isn't that half the fun? Going crazy buying new & pretty things? Well yes and no... I'm taking a new angle on this design blog. Welcome to DESIGNING ON A BUDGET. I plan on taking the DIY approach. I'm going to try to take on a DIY project every week to spruce up the place so stay tuned!

In the meantime, bare witness to my humble progress (please mind the poor quality photos, as my good camera was packed when I took these). All I've done so far is unpack my junk. I've partaken in no decorating / revamping / rejuvenating whatsoever. My place is starting out vanilla.

The Unpacking Process
The Living Room - Phase 1:
{Phase 2}:
{Phase 3}:

So my plan has been to make the community areas "liveable" and homely enough to survive in while I'm developing the look I want for the place. It is my goal to ditch the bigger (and old) couch that is hogging the space and then strip down the colors of the whole room into a more neutral and cohesive palette (with perhaps a splash of color). In the meantime I am making do with what I already own. As you can see, I have my work cut out for me. Don't worry, I'll take you along the full journey.

The Kitchen - Phase 1:
{Phase 2}:


The Office / 2nd Bedroom - Phase 1
{Phase 2}:
{Phase 3}:

The Master - Phase 1
{Phase 2}:

Don't even get me started on the bathrooms. SO yes, this is going to be a process... I promise you though, it will be worth it in the end. So I keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment